COVID-19 MAINFREIGHT HOME DELIVERY PROTOCOL
We use Mainfreight for the majority of our NZ wide furniture deliveries. We sought clarification from Mainfreight as to the steps they would take when delivering Corcovado orders around NZ, during Level 3.
Mainfreight issued the below announcement on Thursday 23 April:
"The following is our (Alert Level 3) contactless delivery service, with measures that will eliminate interpersonal contact and reduce our driver team’s exposure while at the household.
These temporary measures will come in with effect from Midnight Monday the 27th of April.
- During our pre-delivery call we will be asking receiver’s questions around their health status and if any household members are in self-isolation due to having the virus, close contact or recent travel. Deliveries to these properties will be managed on a case by case basis.
- With all home deliveries when arriving at a residence, we will knock, step back ensuring 2 metre exclusion zone is in place. This will need to be adhered to at all times between the receiver and our team.
- If requested, we will deliver the item into the appropriate room of the house and place in position, as long as this can be completed safely and does not require the delivery team to touch or move any existing items within the residence.
- Our drivers will print the receivers name on the consignment note, as signatures will not be requested. A photo will be taken of where the item is left.
- No in-house installations will be undertaken until further notice.
- No returns from private premises will be accepted until further notice."